The History of Bath Presbyterian Church
Bath Presbyterian Church has been on the same site serving the Bath Township community since 1824. Worship services have been conducted in the same building that was constructed in the early 1830s from timber that was harvested from the site and brick that was fired on site. The annex was added to the building in 1959 to provide two floors of multi-usable space. Construction was completed in 2003 on a new entrance from the north parking lot. The new space includes a lift to make both floors handicap accessible, and expanded space for multi-function activities.
The deed to the land for the church was given by William Kirkwood and his wife Mary on November 15, 1834. Mary Kirkwood was sister to Robert Chambers. In 1907 Mr. Kitridge, who owned and operated the Kitridge Farms, donated the church bell.
The military has always been important to Bath Church. Current members and friends have served, or their family members have served, over 500 collective years of military service. In the cemetery beside the church there are many civil war graves. The oldest legible marker bears the date of 1816.
Making a difference with mission is important to Bath Presbyterian Church. Members and friends support all the Presbyterian missions and are involved with many of the Networks of the Presbytery. Furthermore, Bath contributes to the Huber Heights FISH pantry with goods and volunteer hours, Dayton Humane Society, Souper Bowl for hunger, Heifer International, Hearts for Haiti where we sponsor a child, Operation Christmas Child, Samaritan Homeless Clinic, Kairos, and numerous other mission projects.
We are pleased to celebrate 195 years of making a difference in the community, state, country and world.